Monday, April 14, 2014

April Ipsy Box

Last month I said that I would have to take a picture of the funky packaging that Ipsy uses.  So here we go!



This packaging is genius.  You know right away when you open your mailbox that Ipsy has made it to your house.  This month's theme is Beauty Rocks!  I wasn't nearly as impressed with the bag this month.  While it is Ipsy specific, it seemed to be a lot lower quality than last month's bag.



I think having a lower quality bag allowed for more full-sized items.  I was able to get three items this month that weren't just samples.


My full-sized items were the Cailyn Lip Balm, Kiss Eyelashes,  and Color City Eyeshadow.  When I added up the prices of all these items, it made spending $10 on my bag this month well worth it.  The full-sized items total a little over $27.


I was also impressed that I got a travel size eyeliner pencil from Urban Decay.  This is the same size you get if you were to purchase the travel set on their website.  The set comes with three and sells for $19.  The only item that I was disappointed with with the Lollitint.  The lip stain held really well and lasted through multiple meals.  The frustrating thing is that it was almost the exact same color my lips already are. I couldn't even tell that I had it on, except for the fact that I could feel it on my lips.

Was it worth it...Yes!  Almost all the items were worth it.  I also like that I haven't ever tried fake eyelashes before, and it's like I get to try them for free because of all the other great deals in my box this month. There is also the added benefit of looking in my Glamroom on Ipsy for additional deals for the products I like in this month's box.  I'm really impressed with Ipsy!

No comments:

Post a Comment