Saturday, June 28, 2014

April Loot Crate

Let me start by saying that this was not the way that I had planned to blog.  Sometimes life intervenes with some adventures and something has to give.  My justification: if this were a weight-loss resolution, people would have expected me to let it go by the wayside long ago.  So, I find myself playing catch-up.  This just means that post rates will be expedited for a little while.

Loot Crate: here we go.  April's theme was DRAGONS.  The items in this box, surprise, surprise, all deal with dragons.
The item that is probably the most epic is the "The Nord."  He is a figure for the, at the time, new Elder Scrolls online game.  He was only available through Loot Crate making him "rare."  The other mini figure in this crate was from Game of Thrones.  Unlike The Nord, this was a mystery figure.

The figures must have been more expensive to acquire or the dragon theme was harder to fulfill because the rest of the times were all credited, at least partially, to Loot Crate Labs.  

The items that creeps me out the most was the "dragon jerky."  I had to look at the ingredients to even begin to fathom what this might consist of.  It is a beef jerky; mystery solved.  So, that's a plus for regcognizability.  The "dragon seasonings" consist of: dehydrated vegetable pieces, teriyaki sauce, wine, vinegar, salt, and various spices.  Is wine normally used to make jerky?  Maybe this is what makes it dragon jerky?  

All in all I think that Loot Crate was hoping we would be enamored by the limited edition Elder Scrolls vinyl and confused/mystified by the dragon jerke.   Not a bad box, but I must admit I was hoping for more Game of Thrones swag.

So is it worth the price?  Loot Crate ends up being $17.66 a month with shipping and handling. Because Loot Crate supplies so many exclusive items, you can't really calculate the value of the box like you can with so many other subscription boxes.  I have yet to be totally let down by a Loot Crate box and am always excited to see what each month will have to offer.  Once again I'll say it's worth the price.

No comments:

Post a Comment