Thursday, December 18, 2014

October Fancy Cullinary Box

Late Review, but totally worth it.  Fancy did a nice spin on this month's Culinary Box.  They focused in on baking.  I can definitely get behind that choice.

I am really happy that I got two more from the Short Stacks cookbook series.  The Tyler Florence box started my love for this series, so it's nice to see some back in this mix.  I'm curious to find out how this cupcake pen works.  It will either be glorious, or I'll hate attempting to use it.  I'm also on the fence about a cloth piping bag.  I've always used disposable bags.  But if I like this one, I won't have to worry about running out in the future.
I love using off-set spatulas when I decorate.  It's great that I have another one.  I've not allowed myself to get more because I always tell myself..."now, now, you already have one."  Problem solved, thanks Fancy.  I'm hoping that I like this candy thermometer.  I'm more a fan of digital read thermometers, but I like that this one will attach to the pan/pot while using it.  I've never used a dough roller before.  That's probably the best part of subscribing to this box.  You get all kinds of gadgets that allow you to experiment.
 The set of cookie cutters is really neat.  You can totally just use them to cut out the basic skull shape, or you can flip them over and press the design into the cut shapes to help in decorating.  I'm really liking all the cookie cutters I'm getting from Fancy as of late.

So, was it worth it...This box is about $45.  The value of the items comes in at about $73.  The box is supposed to be worth $80.  This is a little disappointing, but at the same time there are quite a few items in this box, so I'm happy.  It will be interesting to see if undervaluing the box is a continued trend.

No comments:

Post a Comment