Sunday, March 16, 2014

March Fancy Box

I got my first Fancy Box last week.  I wasn't planning on waiting to write this, but our home lost the internet for the latter half of the week.  They had to send some pieces, and we even had to go to the company to get it up and running again.  At any rate...here is my first Fancy Box!



Fancy Box is $39.00 each month plus $7.95 for shipping and handling.  I selected the Tyler Florence Fancy Box.  There are a variety of celebrity boxes and some generic themed boxes as well.

Southern Culture Artisan Foods Website Price $12.99

Inside of each box there are cards that explain why Tyler Florence picked that item..  Not all items in the box have cards.  This leads me to wonder if there are a few key items picked by him, while the rest are selected by the folks at Fancy.

Amazon Price $17.50

The two items selected this month, as stated on the inserts, by Tyler Florence are the above coffee press and the below spoon spatula.  I agreed with what was stated on the card, and am excited to try the spoon spatula.  I don't drink coffee so that will more than likely find a home other than my own.

AR+Cook Citrus Zester Amazon Price $ 16.18
AR+Cook Spoon Spatula AR+Cook Website price $6.99

My Spoon Spatula came cracked though.  I found upon investigating my shipping paperwork that if an item is damaged in shipping, you can return it for a replacement or refund for 30 days following the shipment.  I am in the works of figuring out how to send it back for a replacement.  When I know how it goes, I'll update.

Both editions sell for $12.00 each on Short Stacks Website

I had looked at these cookbooks when the were on Kickstarter, and to be honest these were the most exciting items for me in the box.  I had almost backed them, but was hesitant.  It must have been fate to bring them into my life.

So was this box worth it...I paid 46.95 for shipping and handling.  The items in the box totaled $77.66.  You also have to take in to consideration that a lot of these items are "online onlys" that would have charged shipping and handling.  Face value alone to me meant take the shipping and handling off my price to compare.  That meant that I got a bonus $38.66 off my initial price. I'd say the value is there.

I'm interested to see what the next theme is.  I think if you aren't into that month's theme, the box could be disappointing.  That is the risk you take with any themed box though.  Here's to next month!




No comments:

Post a Comment