Monday, March 17, 2014

March Ipsy Box

My only regret is that I didn't take a picture before opening this subscription box, or envelope rather...

Ipsy comes in a great pink padded envelope.  I will have to, have to, have to take a picture pre-tearing into when it comes next time.  Each month has a theme.  To tempt you they send you an email saying that you can login to Ipsy to see what is coming.  I resisted the temptation and was glad I did.  I like the adventure of not knowing what is coming.


This month's theme was Destination Beauty.  There are some travel themed names for some of the shades that I received to tie it all together.  I was super impressed with how well everything matched my tastes.  When signing up I needed to take a quiz about what I liked and didn't like when it came to makeup and skin care.  They did a great job tailoring to what I like.


Each month your items come in a makeup bag.  This month's bag was designed specifically for Ipsy by Klari Reis.  It is apparently the first in a line of a new artist series.  I really like the pattern and am interested to see what comes each month.


The first item in my bag was the Pixi Flawless Beauty Primer.  I myself don't use products like this, but I tried it on my skin and it matched really nicely.  I'd like to try it as a primer for eye shadow to really make the colors pop. 

Each item on Ipsy can be reviewed and also has a link with a redemption code for another deal.  With Pixi, they offer 25% off any purchase.


I had never heard of the brand Be A...Bombshell.  I really like the colors in this eyeshadow quad.  I received the Bora Bora set.  I like that it can be used as both an eyeliner and as a shadow.  Be A Bombshell... has an offer through Ipsy that gives you 40% off a purchase and a free lip crayon.  


I have used bareMinerals powder before, but I didn't know they had a lipstick.  This is a really smooth lipstick that reminds me of a lip balm.  It lasts a long time and the color is just intense enough without being obnoxious.  I received Marvelous Moxie Get Ready.  By using the link through Ipsy you are able to get free shipping and a free mascara sample.


The last one is my absolute favorite.  It is Roughless by Nicole by OPI.  I was sent the turquoise shade titled "On What Grounds?"  There is a slight texture to it, and I really like it when applied.  There isn't a bonus deal through Ipsy, but I did get a full size bottle.

So...is the value here?  It gets tricky because you don't always get full size items and there are so many great deals through your account online.  If we take into account just the full size items, Roughless and Bora Bora, there is a value of about $22.  The subscription is about $9.00 a month.  That puts me way ahead again.  So far, so good with Ipsy!


No comments:

Post a Comment