Thursday, August 28, 2014

August Loot Crate

The theme for August's Loot Crate is Heroes.  This is perfect!  Everything in the box is a great fit for me!


I'm a huge fan of the connection that Loot Crate has made with Funko.  This limited edition Groot figure was one that I'm really happy to add to my collection.  I also like that it wasn't the only figure in this box.  The Raphael figure and the Groot figure both have glow in the dark elements which I haven't seen on an action figure since I was a kid.


 I had no idea that Shwings existed.  When I think of "shwing" I have flash backs to Wayne's World.  I feel like everything in this crate is a flashback.  The Sonic air freshener makes me think of all the hours I spent hunched over my Game Gear.  I think that's why this crate is so close to my heart.  It's like a look back at my childhood with so much of its contents.


So, was it worth it... Loot Crate is $17.66 a month.  The past few crates have really focused on items that could only be found through Loot Crate.  I kind of like that this box had a lot of items that are "main stream."  I didn't feature it, but there were also three codes included in this crate that allow for nearly $35 in App downloads for gaming.  I definitely think this box is worth my money.

No comments:

Post a Comment