Thursday, August 7, 2014

August Julep Subscription Box

August's Boho Glam Julep Box is spot on for me!  This month's theme is Wanderlust.  They are also pushing a new Julep app, that means we all got a really impractical screen cleaner for our phone.  After getting one in a Loot Crate box earlier this year, I see no reason as to why anyone would really need one.

Julep always opens up a secret spot on their website to show you the color options in your subscription.  I logged in to look and felt like their preferences quiz was perfectly aligned with my tastes. After looking at what the other boxes had, this box was for sure the colors I would have wanted.

Color Name ~ India

Color Name ~ Waleska

The beauty item this month is a gel eye liner pencil, or in Julep terms "eye glider".  I'm thinking that it is going to be really hard to top the two quality liners that I have gotten with my Ipsy subscription. I also don't like that it is brown.  I only use black eyeliner, so we'll have to see if this wins me over.
Color Name ~ Rich Brown

So, is it worth it...Each month the box costs the subscriber $19.99.  Something deep down in my heart is telling me that I'm not going to get my money out of the "Eye Glider."   The eye glider is valued at $12.80 for those who are Mavens (have subscriptions).  The Maven prices for both of the nail polishes come in at $11.20.  Let's say that I end up not using the eye liner, so we subtract that value, the box is worth $22.40 for me.  It still saves some money, and there is also the fact that if I buy nail polish through Julep when I am not a subscriber, the price hops up to $16.00 a polish.  That makes the value even greater.  Since these colors are perfect for me, I say it's worth it.





No comments:

Post a Comment