Saturday, July 26, 2014

July Nicky Hilton Fancy Subscription Box

There is a new Fancy Box in town, and this one is curated by Nicky Hilton.  I was really interested to see what she would select to put in her subscription.  I figured if the first box was terrible, then I'd just cancel the subscription.

This box was an interesting one because I feel like I had preconceived notions about what Nicky Hilton might like solely based on my knowledge of her sister's public image. I honestly think that none of the items in here are what I would have expected to be in a Hilton subscription box.

That being said, I do know that everything in the box is something that I will use.  The item that I really like is the Invisible Man journal.  When I go to meetings, I prefer to take notes in bound books instead of spiral notebooks.  The really neat thing is that instead of having printed lines to use as a guide while writing, the text of the classic novel is printed in tiny font to use as reference. I have honestly not seen anything like this before, and it's my style completely. 


The other things in the box are things that are common and uncommon at the same time.  For instance, the heart necklace by Lumo has a chain that is shorter than most, so the heart sits higher on your neck while wearing it.  This will be great for higher cut necklines.  The nail polish is also a really great color.  It is a bright summer color without being obnoxious.  Since the phone holder is made by Fred, the design is going to be functional and quirky in appearance.

So, is it worth it...Let's break down the items in this box by price to see if the box cost, $46.95 with shipping, is worth it.

Gardenia + Tuberose Candle ~ $10
Gold Heart Necklace by Fred ~ $35
Pumped Up Phone Stand by Fred ~ $10
Invisible Man Book Journal ~ $10
I Only Fly Private Nail Polish ~ $16
Grand Total for all the items ~ $81

The box promises that you will get over $80 worth of goods in the box.  This they did deliver on fully.  It will be interesting to see what is in the next box.  Once again, building on my preconceived notions, I thought there might be a high end item with a few lower valued items.  That wasn't the case with this box.  I'm going to stick with it for another month/box to see what happens. 

1 comment: