Thursday, July 24, 2014

July GlossyBox Review


Well I declare!  This is a fancy looking box when you open it up.  With all the packaging being Black and White, it just feels like an upscale journey.  I feel like out of all my beauty boxes, GlossyBox seems to be the most sophisticated.  It will be interesting to see how it compares in September to the New Beauty Testube because there is talk on YouTube that they will be partnering with Fred Segal to bring more upscale products to the Testube.

I'm really liking all the things in this box.  I have already tried the Body Cream from Mitchell and Peach and it smells wonderful.  When you use it there is a water-like fluidity to it.  The Malin+Goetz Lip Balm is also a huge bonus.  It's texture is like Carmex and you get big results without the funky Carmex smell.  I'm curious about the Philip B Detangling Mist.  I haven't used it yet.  It says that it is supposed to de-frizz.  It hasn't been a very humid summer yet, but when it is the short hairs that frame my face get super curly.  I'm curious if this will stop this from happening.

The Glam Glow and Skin Inc products were teased this past month.  People who had subscribed to the box recieved emails saying they would be included.  This bothered me at first; I felt the surprise was being ruined.  But I made the most of it, I did some research on Glam Glow and this product sounds pretty gosh darn impressive.  It's a mud mask, which I don't normally use, but I'll give it a go and see if the all the hype is true.  I didn't really research the Skin Inc product, so I'm curious what it is really supposed to do.  Hopefully since it was email teaser material, it will be impressive.
So, is it worth it...GlossyBox is about $21 when you factor in the shipping.  There was one full size item and that was the Skin Inc Custom-blended Brightening Serum.  This normally sells for $45!  The thing is, there were a lot of expensive items in this box.  I actually took time and broke down the math to figure out what this box is really worth.  When you break it all down to cost per ounce the box ends up being worth $106.45.  So yeppers, this GlossyBox was for sure worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment