Wednesday, July 2, 2014

June Tyler Florence Fancy Box

Booooooooo!  I am so deeply saddened by this box.  I was going to cancel my subscription before this box came, but life got in the way.  The items here once again don't make my heart sing.


I already have some of the items in the box.  I say yet again, if you are a person that knows who Tyler Florence is, you probably have a lot of these things he thinks we all "must have."  

Herb Mill ~ $20     Sour Dough Starter ~ $13     Cheese Paper ~ $9

I'm guessing the herb mill was to go with the herb planter from last month.  At least we are building on something here.  The rest of the box is just a series of random items that I can't follow.  I feel like it is a riddle, "What do an avocado spoon, cheese paper, and sourdough starter have in common?"  Answer: they are all bundled together to confuse subscribers of the Tyler Florence Fancy Box.  I shouldn't be too cruel to the sourdough starter; this is one item I am guaranteed to use in this box.
Cherry/ Olive Pitter ~ $15     Avocado Spoon ~ $10     Fish Turner ~ $12

I am also curious as to how how much longer this box will even be around.  There are some glaring mistakes in the pamphlet that corresponds to the items.  I am thinking that this box is on its way out, or someone got a stern reprimand by Fancy Corp for the glaring errors used to explain why Tyler Florence thinks these items are so grand.  The part that I found most entertaining was the very incorrect explanation as to what a Cherry & Olive Pitter is.

Was it worth it... I paid $46.95 with shipping and handling.  Each box is supposed to value $80.  When I total together all the items from this box, it is worth $79.  I am not seeing a huge value, but I'm not too surprised considering the fact that I wanted to cancel this subscription before it got to me this month.  My final verdict...Tyler Florence: you have been canceled.

No comments:

Post a Comment