Sunday, July 6, 2014

My first GlossyBox Review ~June

Since Tyler Florence and his Fancy box was a punch to my tummy every month I opened it, I decided to take the Florence money and transfer it into a few new subscriptions.  Now, I've been really happy with everything I've gotten from Ipsy, so I decided I was going to try GlossyBox.  This is like taking Ipsy and giving it a boost with "high-end" products.  They describe it as "five surprise luxury beauty products delivered to your doorstep."  Because of the supposed quality of this box, this one comes in at $21 a month.  Let's open it up and see what's inside!
Strange Beautiful Nail Polish  ~ Sumita Beauty Eye Shadow Pencil


June's theme was STARS AND STRIPES.  All of the items in the box are products that are made in the United States.  The first thing that I decided is that the box that it comes in is super high quality, and they will definitely be used to wrap future gifts.  I love using decorated boxes for gift wrapping, and now I'll get one each month.  It's going to look pretty festive under my tree this coming December.


The nail colors in the Strage Beautiful set were made exclusively for GlossyBox.  They also highlighted in the booklet that came in the box that it was air-line friendly.  Now I just need to fly somewhere.  The lotions both work really, really well.  The only thing I am hesitant with them is that they both smell a little "elderly," if you know what I mean.  The finishing spray by Rusk makes me really happy.  It is talc-free, so none of that white crusty stuff in your hair that makes it look like you didn't get all your shampoo out.  Maybe you blonde haired people don't have to worry about this, but the rest of us do.

Camille Beckman Lotion~ Rusk Dry Finishing Spray ~ Ayres Body Butter
With this subscription, all the boxes mailed out are the same.  There are some survey questions that you are asked when you sign-up though.  It seems that these questions are included for the company to see what the current subscribers are interested in spending money on when shopping for products.  My hunch is that a master profile is created to use as help in currating the next month's box.

One thing that also surprised me was that in this month's box there was also a mystery gift cad to C. Wonder.  Every gift card has a value up to $500.

So, was it worth it...GlossyBox ends up being about $21 each month.  Everything in this box was full size except for the Rusk Dry Finishing Spray and the Ayres Body Butter.  If we add up the price for all these full size items, it totals $46.  There is also the matter of the mystery gift card that I haven't researched yet.  This means that I've at least doubled my investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment