Tuesday, July 22, 2014

July Loot Crate Subscription Review

This month's theme is Villains.  This box has some of the best things I've gotten from Loot Crate with one of the weirdest.  I knew something was up when I opened the box this month, and the standard box design had been altered.  I like the Villains supposed vandalism all over the box.

The weirdest thing in this box, and maybe of all the things I've gotten from Loot Crate by far, was the t-shirt.  They were teasing this shirt for the past month.  I understand it's a hybrid of Loki and the Joker, but I'm thinking the idea was better than the end result.

There are some really cool items though that negate the odd shirt.  I'm in love with the Rocket Raccoon issue one.  I had actually recently ordered it, so I had to canceled that.  I like the Bowser magnet, and thought that would have been a better shirt than the one that we got.  The socks make me smile even though a villain shouldn't make me smile.  I already have plans for the Darth Vader key chain too, so it's a hit for me.  I'm pretty excited about the Necessary Evil DVD as well.  It is a documentary about DC Villains, and I hadn't heard of it before this box.

 
I'm also super impressed with the two posters of Harley Quinn and the Joker.  Now it's just a matter of finding the right frames to display them.  I'm hoping we get more quality art like this in future crates.

So, was it worth it...Loot Crate ends up being $17.66 a month when you figure in the cost of shipping.  There are always items in each box that have indeterminable value.  This month though, there were quite a few things that a person could buy in stores.  I also like to assume that the t-shirt is about the price of a screen printed shirt at a store with similar items.  That means that the items in this box total
 $43.26.  This month you get double the value of what you paid, and that doesn't include the poster prices or Bowser magnet values.  Worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment