Friday, July 4, 2014

June Loot Crate

Loot Crate for June: TRANSFORM.  With the newly released Transformers movie, there was little to infer about what this theme could possibly mean. There were fewer items in this box; but, if you are a Transformers fan, you wouldn't mind.


There was another exclusive to Loot Crate shirt in this month's box.  It combined the idea of Transformers with Back to the Future.  I don't know if they are trying to appeal to multiple groups by combining the two, or if there may be some correlation to the newly released movie.  I haven't seen the movie, so if you know something I don't, let me know. I have noticed that it seems like every other month a t-shirt is sent out through Loot Crate.  They are also always exclusives to Loot Crate.  Now that I have taken the time to comment on this, it will backfire; and, I will probably get a t-shirt in July's box.  Well, it was a fun theory while it lasted.

Based on that comment, you now know that I am not a hardcore Transformers super fan.  That meant this box was a little lack luster for me.  The Hexbug and Vinyl figure would be great if you were a fan of Transformers.  After reasearching them, it also really incresed the overall value of the box too.  But, more about that later...

There was also a code in this box that gave you $5.00 toward becoming a part of MLG. You also got a spiffy wristband to show your pride in MLG.  I honestly have not interest in taking part of this, but to some Loot Crate folk it might be amazing to get this chance.  For those just confused by the acronym MLG, it is a professional competitive gaming league.

I think overall this is a box for someone else.  It reminds me of some earlier boxes that just weren't in my wheelhouse.  All the items were well selected, just not for what I'm interested in.

 So, was it worth it...Loot Crate is $17.66 a month.  The Hexbug and vinyl figure are worth about $25.  When you throw in the exclusive t-shirt, yet again we are looking at another great value from Loot Crate.  Then again, if you aren't interested in the theme, is there really a value?  Wow...just went someplace deep into the philosophical recesses of my brain.  Let's sum it up this way, some boxes are amazing and some not so much.  I think this month I'm going to go with: not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment