Saturday, July 19, 2014

July Ipsy Subscription Review

Ipsy's theme for July is...Sensationally Sunkissed.  This month's bag, while not looking overly exciting, feels lovely.  It has a really soft leather feel to it.


This month had some hits and some misses.  I was just ok when I got Pur~lisse foundation in my May Ipsy Bag.  When I reviewed it online with Ipsy, I said it was just alright.  I'm interested to see how the sunscreen works compared to the last Pur~lisse item I recieved.  It will get a workout this weekend, so here's hoping.  I am also not really a BB Creme user.  Maybe it's my skin, but I don't see much from using it.  I've already updated my Ipsy account with a polite no thanks to future BB cremes, so we'll have to wait and see.


On the flip side, I'm impressed with the other three items in the bag. It was a little disheartening to see the colors of the eye shadow because they are so similar to the Pacifica shadow colors I got in May's Ipsy bag.  Upon trying them, I was pleased to see they look different on my skin than the Pacifica shadows do.  I am loving the Pixi Balm and the Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer.  The Pixi balm has a menthol tingle that is super helpful with dry summer lips.  The Pop bronzer does a great job of looking like a naturally tanned face without making you look like a reject from the Jersey Shore. 

So, was it worth it...Ipsy is $10 a month.  The Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer is $10 where I go shopping, so I've already made my money back.  Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure Pixi is going to be my new lip balm for the winter.  I also discovered while researching, since this item is new to me, that it comes in a ton of colors.  Learning about this product, makes me feel like it's an added bonus to this month's bag.



No comments:

Post a Comment