Friday, September 26, 2014

August Culinary Box by Fancy

When the Tyler Florence box disappeared from Fancy I wasn't overly surprised.  I was excited when they decided to add a Culinary Box to their line-up.  I decided to subscribe and see where this food box takes me.  I'm hoping that it will do a lot better than their last attempt at a food box did.  This is officially the August box, but mine arrived at the start of September.


Right off the bat I'm noticing some distinct similarities between this subscription box and the one that was curated by Tyler Florence.  There was a cheese plane included by the company Ar+Cook.  I have gotten a lot of products from this company in the short time I have subscribed to Fancy.  I have always been happy with them, and actually really like this one. I must admit I also like the melon slicer set too.  I haven't seen a set that interlocks like this, and that makes it really drawer friendly.  There is also another dang-blasted wooded serving tray.  These are a pain in the patoot.  They are always small to fit in the confines of the shipping box from Fancy.  I have yet to find a use for one I've received, and I've gotten quite a few of them now.



There were also two different glass items in this month.  I'm always impressed with Fancy's minimal packaging that still allows the glassware to make it to us without incident. I know that I will use the four glasses.  The insert from Fancy talked about how they could be used for a variety of ways beyond just drink glasses.  There were some neat ideas, and some that I hadn't thought of before.  They kept talking about different desserts and salads that could be served in them.  I wish there were some recipes to go with all these great suggestions.  The Oggi Cruet is a new one for me.  I don't really see myself using this very often, if at all.  I don't usually have both olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the table.  Hence I don't know if I need a special container that can serve both.



So, was it worth it... This box comes to my door for $46.95, when you add in the price of shipping.  There were some for sure hits and only two misses.  Not bad considering how poorly the items were in my last food box form Fancy.  Let's talk value: the box ends up totaling right around $90.  I have a feeling that this box could become another box of random gadgets, but we'll have to see what comes next month.  At this point, I'm going to keep them coming.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! Will be following along to see what comes next! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete