Thursday, September 25, 2014

August/September New Beauty TestTube

This month New Beauty TestTube included a note saying that they had too much fun to fit it all in the tube, but not to worry because the tube would be back in their next shipment.  I'm glad this will be back if it means no more weird boxes.  You'll see what I mean in just a little bit.


That big awkward box from Equitance is a skin brightening kit.  While it sounds like it could be a good idea because there are six different items included to meet whatever skin needs you might have, there are just small samples of them. 


They are tiny samples and you may not see the results before you use all of the treatments up.  Some of them are even pills to help from the inside out.  The only thing that stinks about this is if a person found these pills were starting to work, there isn't even enough included for a full week.  The same can be said for all the lotions. 


This was a perplexing group of products.  Apparently it's a thing to spray water on your face.  It is also apparently a thing to buy water that is considered Thermal Spring Water.  I had to look up what this meant.  I found out that it is rain water that travels through a mountain for 40 years making it perfect for curing this and thats.  I feel so out of the loop, or not.  The directions are funny because it tells you to spray it on and then wipe it off after three minutes.  Does that mean it will be too soothing if you leave it on for too long?  I was also confused by the Aha cream.  What the heck does that mean?  Apparently it means Alpha Hydroxy Cream.  It is supposed to smooth and brighten dull skin.  This box seems to really want me to glow once I have committed to all the products.


Curse you foil packets!  Companies should just stop making these.  I feel like if I met someone that said that they always tried foil packets when they received them, I would end the friendship.  The YBF primer works fine.  I just don't really care for face primers.  I gave this one a shot and didn't really see a need for it.  I apparently am fortunate to not need a primer at this point in my life, or don't seem to understand their greatness.

I was also surprised by this assortment because not all of the items featured in the magazine this month were in my box.  I also had items included in my box that were not included in the product magazine.  Interestingly enough what I got in place of the featured items actually had a higher value, so that's a win.

So, was it worth it...Each tube is $38.90 with shipping.  This month was more misses than hits.  The lotion I got from Memoire Liquide has a value of $24.  And, if you combine it with the values of the other items in the box then you do surpass the price tag.  There is a risk of not getting your money's worth if you don't like the items in a subscription box.  This month my money was not deemed worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment