Wednesday, September 24, 2014

August Glossy Box

Glossy Box ended up being sent out late this month.  It didn't come until end of the first week in September.  If they sent a note about this through email, I missed it or didn't get it.  It was their three year anniversary.  So, they ended up wrapping everything up in some fancy packaging.


By fancy packaging, I mean a larger explanation of products and a large sticker with the number 3 on it.  I'm blown away by all the festivity...  I'm hoping these weren't any of the reasons for sending the box out late.  I'm guessing it had something to do with the Glossy Box exclusive.

In honor of Glossy Box's birthday, they worked with Kryolan to make a special highlighter.  It goes on well, and I am impressed with the quality of the product.  I hadn't heard of this brand before, but maybe it's one the rest of the world knows and loves.  I did some research and ended up finding out that they also make palates for stage make-up.  I must admit that after doing a Google search for Kryolan, it is a little off-putting when the first thing that comes up is a palate containing primary colors that look rather greasy based on the fact that the flash reflected off the make-up when they took the picture.


I'm a little over getting shampoo and conditioners in my subscription boxes.  I am picky with my haircare products, and I seem to keep being bombarded by them.  At least the nail polish makes up for the shampoo and conditioner. They sent out a variety of colors.  Some people would be unhappy with blue, but I really like it.  I have yet to use it, but I think I'm going to really like it!  Ipsy spoiled me a few months ago by introducing me to Urban Decay's eyeliner.  I don't even know if I will try the one included by Eyeko because I have had such success with the one from Ipsy.  I'm also not sure if I will use the firming day cream from Eslor.  I don't really use these kinds of products and will probably end up passing it on to someone else.  I feel like I will need to do a giveaway at the end of the year that has all the items that just weren't for me.


So, was it worth it...Glossy Box ends up being around $21 a month.  The total value for the box when we break down prices by ounces for each of the products ends up being $71.28.  When I look at the value of the items I'm glad I got, the nail polish and highlighter, I ended up with a value of $30.  That still surpasses the price of the box.  So, Yep!  It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment