Sunday, September 28, 2014

Julep September Box

This month Julep went with the theme of Art Walk.  I'm not really sure what that is supposed to mean...  Apparently it means the start of fall, as there were no bright colors to bring this box together.


When Julep gets ready to send your order to you, they open your monthly box online and let you see what you will be getting.  I'm glad I did this because one of the colors in my shipment was a blecky maroon color.  I ended up trading it out for a teal color.  I was happy with the gray color that was an original pick by Julep.  The beauty product this month was their new Plush Pout.  It is a lipstick with a lip balm center.  Interesting concept, weird texture when you try it though.  It has done what it has claimed thus far, but I feel like as time goes on, how does one ensure that there will be equal distribution of both the color and the balm?  Apparently science will save the day with that one.

When you get to revamp your box, they also finagle you into selecting mystery items for a small fee per item.  I got suckered in by selecting three mystery polishes.  After I did that, I was told that if I bought another nail polish I would get two more surprise items.  I fell for it and got the fourth.  It was hit of miss on the mystery polishes.  I got a metallic black which I really like.  Then I got a weird khaki.  The third was a satin finish teal.  This color would have been great if a glossy teal had not been included in my subscription already.  The fourth, selected by me, has yet to be tried.  I really like that it's supposed to look like a spray paint layer over a color base coat.  I'm looking forward to trying it.


The two mystery items were a skin repair serum and a hand and cuticle balm.  Both seem like smart choices with colder months headed my way. I have already used the skin repair serum.   It has yielded excellent results.  I would suggest this to anyone that has tricky dry patches of skin that lotion can't keep up with.  I'll have to wait and see how the balm does this winter.  My hands great really cracked during the winter because I work outdoors in subzero weather.  I'm hoping this will help.


So,was it worth it...I'd say that this month's box had great colors for the polish and the lip stick is an interesting adventure.  I'm going to say that the additional items aren't really worth the money when it comes to "mystery."  I'm going to avoid temptation in the future because the colors weren't worth it.  Getting all of the mystery polishes added $36.96 to my order.  I could have purchased the sole spray paint polish for $5 and gotten something I would for sure use.  The monthly fee for Julep is about $23 with shipping.  I think I'm going to give Julep one more month and see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment