Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Ipsy September Subscription

Ipsy's theme this month is Street Style.  I think it's funny that they even try to come up with a theme each month.  I'm not really sure why they bother.  I think that people would still subscribe even if there weren't the assigned theme.  Sometimes I don't even know how the items relate to the theme.  This month is a good example of this.


I will say that the best thing in this box is the Briogeo Don't Despair Repair hair mask.  I haven't used products like this before, but I did enjoy this.  It left my hair feeling really soft and still looking clean.  Often times I skip conditioners because they end up making my hair look greasier after using them.  I haven't even opened the Pacifica eye pencil yet.  I got a really go eye shadow from Pacifica earlier this year.  I rated the brand highly on my Ipsy account, and now I seem to get things all the time from them.  I updated this brand to "just OK" with the hopes of getting some new brands in future months.  A truely new item for me this month was the Nourish Organic face wash.  I like how it works, but I don't think I'll switch brands.


Another brand that I down rated on my style profile is Be a Bombshell... I have liked a lot of their things, but it's time for a shake-up.  The highlighter from them this month is the first thing that I've gotten that I have been quite uphappy with.  It doesn't really show up on my skin, apparently I'm too pasty or something.  The lipstick by Hikari is a bright pink/red.  This is the only thing I could equate to "street style" just because it reminded me a little of stop sign red if you squint at it and don't know what color a stop sign really is.  The lipstick is high quality and lasts well all snarkyness aside.  

So, is it worth it...  Ipsy ends up being $10 a month.  This is a subscription that relies heavily on you reviewing the products.  I think this month had some misses, but I feel like Ipsy usually redeems itself with a few products that genuinely impress me.  This one is still worth it in my book.

No comments:

Post a Comment