Saturday, October 4, 2014

September Loot Crate

September's Loot Crate came in with a bang.  The theme was Galactic which brings big things!  By now I've learned that Loot Crate is big into Firefly. Which means with a theme like Galactic, I'm going to love what comes in this box.


This box did a great job of bringing together a wide variety of Galactic items.  From a poster of Han Solo encased in crabonite to a handful of credits to get me around the Firefly galaxy.  This crate did a great job of bringing in a wide array of films and television shows.  This month's box had items from: Firefly, Star Wars, Star Trek, and Alien


This box also had the obligatory magnet taking a classic and putting the Loot Crate spin on it.  This month took the ships from Star Wars and revamped them to look like a screen shot from a classic arcade game.  The action figure from Alien is a really neat item.  I just wish that I had gotten the Alien.  Random characters where in each crate.  My brother gets Loot Crate as well, and he was fortunate enough to get the Alien figure.

 
By far my two favorite items are the Tribble from Star Trek and the Mal figure from Firefly.  Both of these items totally caught me by surprise when I opened the box.  I ripped right into the Funko box when I saw that there was a Firefly figure inside.  I haven't had the heart yet to crack the seal on my Tribble.  I honestly don't know if I will ever be able to.

So, was it worth it...Loot Crate is $17.66 a month.  Most months have tons of Loot Crate exclusives that make determining the value of the box almost impossible.  This month is a little different because you can buy a fair amount of the items included.  When I looked into the items that could be purchased, I found a value of $41.49.  That was for only half of the items.  There is also the added bonus of more digital loot again this month.  Loot Crate partnered with Dark Horse Comics and gave subscribers access to a digital issue of Halo Escalation.  This month Loot Crate is worth it!

1 comment:

  1. Happy that you are now the proud owner of a Tribble.

    ReplyDelete