Thursday, October 30, 2014

October Loot Crate Review

This month Loot Crate went with the theme of "Dead."  Real shocking considering it is October and there is that whole Halloween thing going on...
This month's Loot Crate saw some good and some bad items.  I really liked getting the variant cover for The Walking Dead.  I just wish that the other Walking Dead item were something other than the small piece of art work by Jsalvador.  I did find the temporary tattoos cool.  I like that they cover a variety of monsters and not just weird cut marks.  They are vampire, zombie, and werewolf bites to choose from to meet your desired look.  I'm also not really sure what I'll do with How to Survive a Sharknado.  I feel like this was a random piece that didn't totally fit the "Dead" theme in this month's Loot Crate.  It also seems a little dated.
At first, I thought this shirt was ridiculous.  Then I realized the majesty it possesses.  The cats are demonic, yet still enduring.  I can honestly say, I've not seen anything like this before.  It will be my Halloween work shirt tomorrow.  I am truly blessed to have it.  Thank You Loot Crate.

They kept teasing that there would be a special collaboration with Capcom this month. They ended up going with Dead Rising 3, and everyone got a sledgesaw hammer pen.  At first I thought it was just a figurine.  When I realized it was a pen, it made it a heck of a lot neater.

So, was it worth it...Loot Crate is $17.66 a month.  I was really hoping that with a theme like "Dead" I would really be won over.  The shirt and Walking Dead issue make it worth it for me this month.  I also know of some people who might enjoy the items from this month that I'm not so keen on.  I'd say this month's Loot Crate it worth it for me.  But if I didn't like the shirt, it would have been a miss.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, would really love the smite skin! If you happen to still have it, message me, eternally grateful!

    Cheers!
    Ps: My email is: pedromlcosta.wow@gmail.com, if you wish to contact me!

    ReplyDelete