Saturday, October 18, 2014

October Julep Box

This month's theme from Julep was Black Magic.  Makes sense with it being October and all.  They also had a limited edition Halloween box that I snagged as well.  Let's start with the subscription first.
To be honest, I was a little confused when I opened my box up this month.  There was a lot in there; and, I didn't know what was what.  I had to resort to looking back to my invoice that came in my email when they shipped the box to me.  There was a card in there saying that I had earned some beauty freebies because I had spent enough this month (subscription, fall mystery pack, and Halloween box). 

Upon further examination I found out that I had earned an extra lip gloss, but they had forgotten to include one of my polishes.  I went on their site and emailed customer service.  I got a great reaction from Julep, and the missing polish is on its way with a confirmation number in my hand.
I chose to add on the fall color pack because they were supposed to be three colors for fall.  Apparently that means coral and two shade of yellow.  I was able to pick the glow in the dark white, which I am super amped about.
The Julep Halloween box is awesome!  I'm pretty sure that future boxes like this will be picked up by me.  I like the black cat nail decals and the colors have a pretty shimmer to them.  I also like that they included a top coat to protect the nail decals.  The candy corn I could have done without, but I see where they were going with it.

So, was it worth it...I'm going to say that I am not going to go with anymore mystery bundles.  I know I said that last month, but I caved with the fall colors pack hoping that this month would be different.  I really like the color that was included in my subscription this month and am looking forward to seeing what my other color looks like in person when it arrives.  So the Julep subscription is totally worth it and the mystery sets, are so not.


No comments:

Post a Comment