Thursday, October 16, 2014

September Fancy Culinary Box

September is busting at the seams in this month's Culinary Box by Fancy!  I'm super impressed with everything included and am so glad I've added this subscription to my routine.

Fancy boxes have been showing up with four things in them lately.  This box is not that case at all.  I think it has something to do with the fact that kitchen items are usually small price point pieces.  If they guarantee that you are going to get $80 worth of items, they really have to cram them in to make it happen.

I have a lot of pieces by Umbra, and I'm so excited to see them in a Fancy Box.  I've not gotten anything from them before in a subscription service.  I really like how this spice rack is perfect for the spices you use the most in your kitchen.  It's a fun way to leave something on a counter top without making it look cluttered.  The herbsicle is new to me.  I've never thought of freezing fresh herbs and then grinding the exact amount I need.  I'm interested to see how this works.
The herbsicle wasn't the only thing in the box this month that I didn't know existed.  I had no idea what a spice bomb was until I opened it up.  This little gem holds spices and the rubber chain clips to the edge of the pot.  I'm so using this for bay leaves from now on.  I HaTe digging them out when I'm done cooking.  I also dislike coring jalapenos when I make salsa.  This new corer makes it a breeze.  I'm shooting rainbows from my fingertips with all this happiness.
 I'm not sure how often, if ever, I'll use the clip and clean knife blades.  I've never thought about cinnamon enough to consider that there may be different varieties.  This kind is supposed to be a little sweeter.  I'm interested to see if it's worth all the hype.  I am jazzed about the nutmeg grater.  I've already used it for chocolate.  Not what it's for, but worked great for fine shavings on the top of a dessert I made.

So, was it worth it...you're dang skippy it was.  This was a great box, and I really liked all that it had to offer up this month.  I'm really excited to see what next month has in store.  The value was just over $80, and it showed me some new things that I've already added to my arsenal. Thanks Fancy!

No comments:

Post a Comment