Sunday, October 5, 2014

September QBox Subscription

Alright, round two for QBox.  I still wonder what the name means?  I feel like I should be doing some kind of research to figure it out.  This months items come from both Japan and Korea. 




 This month's box had a ton of stuff in it.  There was WAY more than came last month.  The items are also a lot better. QBox is big on spoilers and this month the big item they kept teasing was the Kate Spade tote bag.  I actually like this bag quite a bit because it has a round bottom and it actually stands up on its own.  QBox made a big deal that it had a matching coin purse...who really cares...  The snack this month is a Gim seaweed snack as far as I can tell.  I have yet to try, but I'm excited to.  I have never had seaweed dry/dehydrated like it appears to be here.

I really liked the earrings this month.  I feel like QBox didn't know how to describe them either, so I'll just rip off what they came up with in their flyer.  They described them as "Pony Coin Tassels".  I'm also really excited to see a twistable headband.  If you haven't seen one in real life, there is a wire that runs through the headband.  That way you can twist it to look however you desire.  The item that has me pondering is the Liphop Eyeliner.  Subscribers got lipstick from them last month.  The thing that weirds me out about the eyeliner is that it is apparently a trend in Korea to use white eyeliner.  We'll have to see how that works out when I'm brave enough to use it.

The last two items in the box are from Sanrio.  This makes total sense considering this past month you could purchase a limited edition box from them focusing in on one of their characters.  I could have for sure made it through life without owning either of these two items.  It's probably why I didn't subscribe to the limited edition box.

So, was it worth it...QBox is a nonrenewable subscription.  That means you sign up for three, six, or twelve month plans and then you are done unless you go back to their site and renew on your own.  I signed up for a three month plan for $68.85.  There is a flyer that comes in each box that tells you the value of the month.  This month said the box came in at $111.50. The misleading and soul crushing part of this subscription is that when you look at the claims form that gets the package through customs, they declare the box at $30.  I guess it's one of those subscriptions that you do get a great deal if you are considering retail value.  It's just a little disheartening when you see what you are buying is actually worth.

No comments:

Post a Comment