Sunday, October 19, 2014

October Ipsy Box

Ipsy's theme for October is Beauty Candy.  At first I was a little confused as to why that would be a theme, especially when all the pieces advertising the theme were pastels.  This isn't what I think of with fall.  I'm thinking they were hoping for a subliminal candy/Halloween thing.  Either way I got some great stuff!
The bag this month is my favorite thus far from Ipsy.  I love the fabric and the color.  I was also excited to see the Ayres Body Butter.  I really liked it when I got it in a Glossy Box, so I'm excited to get a replacement here.  It has a scent that at first I wasn't so keen on, but I really came to like it by the time I used all of it up.  I'm also jazzed to see the Skyn Iceland facial towlettes.  I've heard good things about this brand because you rub them together with a little water, wipe off your face, and you're good to go.
Ipsy did a great job of picking a great lip gloss for me from Starlooks.  I also really like the eye shadow that I got from Jessie's Girl. Ipsy sent out six different colors depending on your beauty profile.  While there were some that I liked a little more than this one, I'm still really happy with this one.  The coverage is really good, and the color holds up well. The H2O+ hydrating treatment is a new one for me.  It is a gel formula, so I wasn't really sure how/when to use it.  Ipsy did a good job of linking to this product's website where directions could be found on when or how to use it.  In my situation it is used as a moisturizer after showering/washing my face.  For dryer skin it can also be used as a mask.

So, was it worth it...Ipsy is about $10 a month.  I really like everything that came in my bag this month.  I think this is a bag where I could do an empties update in a month and still be happy with what I got.  Ipsy is worth it again this month for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment