Friday, October 17, 2014

September Glossy Box

Once again my Glossy Box came during the start of the next month.  They must have revamped when shipments go out.  I just got a notice saying that my October box would be coming in November.  No big deal, just as long as it makes it to my house.
This month, Glossy Box teamed up with Harper's Bazaar.  I was curious to see what would come with this pairing. I was a little disheartened by what was selected.  I've gotten some great nail polishes in my Glossy Boxes.  I'm happy with the Essie brand, but the red is just meh in my book.  I also found it a little odd that they shipped out a conditioner without a shampoo.
 The night cream is your standard ho-hum night cream. Nothing that blew my socks off here.  I was excited to see that Glossy Box included and Benefit product.  I'm interested to see how I like this mascara.  I've used it for short term wear and have liked it thus far.  This was the best item in the box for me.
 Then there is the monstrosity that is the OOC lip tar.  It is an odd fuchsia leaning towards plum color.  When I used this the first time it was ridiculously dark and made my lips look dried out.  I think it was supposed to look matte, but I ended up with something I call chapped.  I put some gloss on top and it instantly stripped the color.  So much so that it began to run the color off my lips and my family, who I had gone to a football game with that day, kept telling me to check my lipstick because it was smearing.  I gave up, went to the bathroom, and washed it all off.  Good bye and good luck.  This will not be used again.

So, was it worth it...Glossy Box is right around $21 a month.  Considering what I got this month, it wasn't really worth the $21 for me.  There was really only one product that was exciting this month.  I will say though, that I don't blame Glossy Box.  Instead I feel that they were stuck within the confines of working with Harper's Bazaar this month.  I'm looking forward to a pure, no partnership, box next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment