Monday, October 20, 2014

October Glossy Box

Can I just say that I am shocked that this came in the mail so quickly.  I just got a shipping notice saying that my box would come between Nov.1st and the 15th.  This was an awesome surprise to get it so soon.  I also love that this is sooooo my favorite box I've gotten from Glossy Box thus far.
The first thing I'm going to say is that this month Glossy Box went for broke and four of the five items are full sized.  I am also really happy that they included something by Tarte because I've loved everything I've ever gotten from their brand.  The Proganix volume spray is a good one for me.  I normally hate using these sprays, but this one actually worked well for my hair.  This might become a re-buy for me.  I'm not so sure about the Sesha mask.  I got hooked on Glam Glow courtesy of Glossy Box, so we'll have to see how this one stacks up.

I really like the concept of the Nails inc. polish.  You can use it as a top coat to turn any polish into a matte coat.  It's like all of a sudden a person has doubled their nail polish collection.  I'm also really liking the Tart lip pencil.  It has a sheerness that doesn't make it look like a harsh lipstick.  It also has a balm quality to it that doesn't dry out your lips.  Drastic improvement over last month's lip tar...enough said.

The only item in the box that wasn't full sized was the perfume.  I'm totally fine by that.  Don't get me wrong; I like the scent.  I just get tired of perfumes rather quickly and switch around a lot.  This is the perfect size for my collection because I know it will last me a long time.

So, was it worth it...Glossy Box is about $21 a month.  This box far surpassed the price tag on my end.  All totaled the box ends up having a value of right around $70.  I also feel like this box lives up to the hype of Glossy Box being a higher end beauty box.  This month totally evoked my temporarily misplaced love for Glossy Box.  After my disinterest in last month's products, Glossy Box you've pulled me back in :)

No comments:

Post a Comment