Saturday, October 18, 2014

October Rockettes Box by Fancy

The Rockettes surprised me big time with their box from Fancy this month.  Normally Fancy includes a cheat sheet as to why items are included.  Mine didn't come this month leaving me to guess as to why the Rockettes might like the items selected.
My favorite item in this month's box is the studded fingerless glove and hat combo from Echo Designs.  Fancy and the Rockettes made a great choice with this one.  It is super soft and really warm.  It is perfect for a Minnesota fall when you need a hat to go to work in the morning that you can cram into your jacket pocket once the sun comes out and heats things up.

I'm really liking the bun pin by Kitch, and I'm hoping that my hair is long enough to use it soon.  I honestly didn't know that these existed outside the prom world, but this one would totally work without totally looking like a dork.  I'm not so sure if I could pull off the temporary tattoos without looking like a dork though.  Since I don't know why they were picked to include in this Fancy box, I'm going to assume that it is because the Rockettes have a strict no tattoo policy that results in termination if you break it.  This is their one way to use tattoo creative freedom.

The item that played a trick on me was the bracelet by Lyndy Lou.  I thought originally it was a necklace.  Then I thought it was an anklet.  Finally I figured out, after fearing I had obese ankles, that it was actually a bracelet.  I have had bracelets similar in style to this one before.  I have always managed to break them by catching them on something.  I'm hoping that I will do better with this one because it is a lot more expensive than the others I have purchased before.  I'm hoping price equates to not breaking the chain pulling something out of my pocket.

This bracelet is another example of when it would have been nice for Fancy to have included why the Rockettes selected what they did.  Even if they had a spot on their website to explain why things are in boxes that only subscribers could get to, it would be helpful in instances where people didn't get that information in box.

So, was it worth it...This is another great Fancy box.  I won't really use the temporary tattoos, but the rest of the box will for sure get used.  I really like the items that come in this box.  The box with shipping ends up being about $46.  The value of the items in this box totals just over $96.  I'm not a dancer by any means, but this box still has great items in it for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment